<HONEA EXPRESS: TALKING ABOUT THE DA VINCI CODE: MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS
honeaexpress

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whithonea.com/
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

TALKING ABOUT THE DA VINCI CODE: MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS

Have you read this book? I'm not done with it, but I am enjoying it so far. I really had no intention of reading it, since it falls outside my normal genre, but The Vatican said not to, so I had to buy it.
I have heard that people are taking tours of The Louve that are based on clues in the book. I can't decide if that crosses any lines. What I would like to know is how much of the author's theory is based on actual studies and how much is straight fiction? All I know about Catholicism is that they are allowed to drink, have a weekly aerobics class in the guise of mass, and that, according to Billy Joel, Catholic girls start much too late. I'm not well enough versed to give any weight one way or the other on the various conspiracies involved in The Da Vinci Code- but they sure sound legit. For instance, that sure looks like a woman sitting next to Jesus in The Last Supper painting, and the Mona Lisa as half-man, half-woman- I could buy that. What do you think?
Remember, I haven't finished it yet, so I may not respond to any comments until I'm done (like anyone will leave a comment anyway).