<HONEA EXPRESS: Reasons for Ruts

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Reasons for Ruts

I have decided that the major factor in my lack of job prospects is my inability to act. As much as I dislike my current position (which is a lot), I cannot gather the strength to pursue other avenues. I sit and watch opportunity pass me by and I make excuses as to why each isn't viable.

Do I lack talent, skill, or intelligence? Contrary to popular belief, no. I lack will though, and have grown comfortable in the few positives that my current situation provides, namely time. I do have flexibility and pretty much work a schedule I developed around my life, as opposed to living around my job. I can spend time with my son that most fathers will never know.

That is hard to walk away from.