<HONEA EXPRESS: Peter Jennings Dies
honeaexpress

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whithonea.com/
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Peter Jennings Dies

Peter Jennings died today. He was always my favorite of the network anchormen. I even mentioned him in a short story that I wrote in the weeks following 9/11. Here is a piece from that:


Peter Jennings tells the news like he is sitting across a bar from you. His jacket is off. He is waving his hands and stumbling over his words. He is pissed off, and makes no apologies for it. Peter Jennings is sharing much more than words. He is sharing our pain.
I have watched every news station on my cable system. Local, national, and international, news that makes me mad and makes me cry. When I am not watching I am listening, I am reading. It is depressing and intoxicating. Peter Jennings is drunk on sadness.

Peter Jennings 1938-2005