<HONEA EXPRESS: Throw Me the Proverbial Freakin' Bone

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Monday, September 26, 2005

Throw Me the Proverbial Freakin' Bone

I've said it before & I'll say it again: I need to pursue a new career path. What I really want to do is support myself and my family by doing something in a creative field, be that writing or acting or (less likely) the art of the dance.

Have you ever felt like you are just wasting what you've got? That's me. Granted, I wouldn't change the choices I've made, even the wrong ones, as they have brought me a beautiful wife and unbelievable child; but now, this tending of a bar, while fairly interesting at times, and putting food on our table, is not why I was put on this earth. I feel that I have a lot to offer and my outlet is the above mentioned path of creativity. I'm a realist. I don't have any misconceptions of being some huge star, I just want to be able to provide for my family and enjoy our life with a career that intrigues me. Life is too short to work at a job you don't want.

Therein lies the rub, I am not happy with my job, but I am comfortable, and as many of you know, it is damn hard to get off the couch at the end of the day and pursue your dreams when there is beer in the fridge and football on the tv. I've tried, with varied success, to get my writing published. I've been entertaining the idea of doing sketch comedy for years now, but I haven't done it. Why not? Because I would have to drive an hour? Everything is an hour here. Perhaps I'm afraid to fail. I don't know. What I need is a bit more will and a little guidance. Can you help?