<HONEA EXPRESS: How Many Can Fit in This Handbasket?

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Monday, April 24, 2006

How Many Can Fit in This Handbasket?

As I get older I am no longer amazed to find how little I really know. It seems every year my ignorance grows and my understanding fades. I can't comprehend things like gas prices doing what they are doing, or diseases doing what they do. It fails me how people can wage war over doctrines and beliefs that have a greater chance of being inaccurate than being the gospel truth. That isn't blasphemy, it's reason. I'm not even sure how I know that.
We have people fighting for cures and causes in the same city with people that want to kill and harm based on ethnicity, belief system or some misconstrued and fabricated feeling of belonging and honor. It baffles me that there is a better chance of getting shot at a Texaco than finding gas for under $2 a gallon.
What the hell is going on? Is Bush to blame? As much as I would love to say yes and call it a night, I can't. He didn't start the fire (sorry Billy Joel), but he has thrown lots of fuel on it and basked in the warmth of its glow. Is religion to blame? Ironically, it's probably the biggest evil out there right now. Interpretation and dis-agreement have long been the style with zealots and fanatics, causing more war and suffering than even Mother Theresa could balance out. Imposing death to further ones vision of heaven just seems silly to me. Once again, I don't get it.
Am I innocent? God no. I've bought into the big picture just like everyone else. I just didn't realize what the show was about. I should have read a review first.
At the rate this thing is going I can only hope that the sequel is better. If there is one. I don't understand Hollywood either. Keep your fingers crossed for a musical.