<HONEA EXPRESS: Watching the Clock
honeaexpress

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whithonea.com/
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Watching the Clock


In just a couple of hours our oldest boy will quietly turn three while he sleeps. I doubt that he will notice.
In the morning he will wake up and be older. He will be exactly the same as he was this evening, yet he will be changed forever.
Three has responsibilities and expectations not associated with two. Three comes with additional costs, no longer attending concerts and themeparks for free. Three brings a fresh start and a new adventure. Three comes at the end of two.
Tonight I put my oldest son to bed. He was two. That is a part of him that will be gone forever, and despite my happiness of his moving forward, it is a part that I will remember fondly and, admittedly, with sadness.
In just a couple of hours our oldest boy will quietly turn three while he sleeps. And I will notice.