<HONEA EXPRESS: My Night (as Addressed by Bruno Kirby)

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Monday, August 21, 2006

My Night (as Addressed by Bruno Kirby)

To quote the late Bruno Kirby from one of his many memorable scenes in When Harry Met Sally, "I've never had me quoted back to me before." Me neither. However, I did meet someone last night that shook my hand, looked me in the eye and said, "I read your blog." We both smiled, embarrassed for each other.

Actually, I don't think either one of us were all that embarrassed. It meant that the newly met Dan was a distinguished reader, obviously intelligent and understood the fact that all words printed here are pure sacrosanct. Me? It meant I now had, more or less, a fan. More or less.

We set in the bar and played board games, Operation and Perfection, drinking beer and listening to DJ Booth mix the soundtrack to our past. It was a good night, filled with smoke, conversation and the foundation for a hangover.

As is usually the case, a good night quickly turns into a crappy morning. Thankfully I didn't drink enough to have anything more than gas and a liver murmur. I am apparently still allergic to smoke and my throat is a bit angry about the conversation having to be shouted over the musical stylings of Yaz and Men Without Hats.

Then there were the board games; my years of beating the 10 year olds at the YMCA had lulled me into a false sense of superiority, and it was shattered last night by a bunch of drunks with sturdier hands and finer motor skills. I stink.

With that I will leave you with another pearl from Mr. Kirby, as he too came to terms with the suckticity of his gaming abilities, "Baby fish-mouth!" he said, "baby fish-mouth!"

It's sweeping the nation.