<HONEA EXPRESS: Wrap it Up Yo ( A Weekend in Review)

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Monday, January 29, 2007

Wrap it Up Yo ( A Weekend in Review)

Before I get started, I need to address something that just happened. I am sitting here at the table, which also doubles as the place to stack all things stackable, and Atticus sat next to me to signal that he was ready to take a break from Maggie & The Ferocious Beast, as well as the beating of his little brother, to have a bowl of hearty breakfast. There was a book and some bills in the space that he is accustomed to staking.

"Excuse me," he said, "but can you move this crap for me please?"

"Um, sure." I replied. I tried to hide my laughter. "It's not crap though." I continued. "That is stuff. There is a difference. Besides, it doesn't sound nice for little boys to use that word. Do you understand?"

"Yes." He answered. "Will you move this stuff so I can eat please?"

"Sure." I said.

I have a new post over at DadCentric. It's about crap stuff.

Speaking of DadCentric, Jason, Whiff, and I went to see Neal Pollack speak in Hollywood Friday night. We showed up kidless. We were the minority.

The reading was entertaining in its own right, but the kids, oh the kids, what an element they added. They crawled, meowing mind you, around Pollack's feet as he tried to maintain some semblance of seriousness. He couldn't.

It was appropriate though, and it was funny. He did manage to make it through the reading and then entertained a few questions from the fans, friends and family that filled the tiny Skylight Books.

He sat and chatted with the DadCentric posse and we all agreed that an actual male version of Blogher was due. I think he wants us to come to his place, but we'll see.

Afterwards, we grabbed some food and margaritas and talked about all things dad related, you know, poop, blogs and little green fairies. It was a good time.

Scarface is healing nicely. His fleshwound is smothered in Neosporin and kisses, and then covered by a layer of Backyardigan band-aids.

The walker is also a climber. The kid can't walk across the room, but apparently he has the skills and determination to climb up the slide that leads to his brother's loft bed. Needless to say this is being addressed.

I received a copy of Rejuvenile from Christopher Noxon in the mail and will be writing a review as soon as I finish it.

Our DVD player, the replacement to the one that broke, has broke. No, this isn't a result of kids and fingers, but rather shoddy craftsmanship. Needless to say Netflix won't be getting any mail from us for a while.

There you have it folks, our weekend in a nutshell. Walnut I believe.