<HONEA EXPRESS: The Giving Tree Has Needs Too
honeaexpress

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whithonea.com/
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Giving Tree Has Needs Too

In one week I will be older than I have ever been.

For a while now I have lived under the assumption that working with a group of people a decade younger than me (at least) was helping me maintain my youth. Now I am starting to feel as if it is defining the space between us. One of these days they are going to chop me down.

In a nutshell, I can't hang. Even more, I don't want too.

For all of the hipster dad and movement of youth culture that I preach and support on these pages, I can't help but be a little apprehensive about the digits on the horizon and the sneaky presence of 40 hiding somewhere behind them. That feels like some grown-up shit.

A few years ago I started getting a little depressed when my birthday was near. It's not the idea of aging that bothers me as much as the fact that another ring is going on my trunk and I have stood on stagnant roots.

Sure, I've got a couple of fruits that have prospered in the shade that I provide, and by no means do I take that lightly.

I just figure a couple of blossoms could make our forest all the greener.

I'll apologize now for any leaves that may fall this week.

Labels: , ,