<HONEA EXPRESS: A Quick Me-Time Moment

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Quick Me-Time Moment

I believe that most people, given the opportunity, enjoy a good fantasy in the shower.

I would assume that the majority of those involve the UPS guy and the girl from the coffee place. Not mine.

When I find myself under the soothing flow of hot and steamy water, I don't reach for the soap and my handle. No, I close my eyes and imagine walking into work and finding myself fired.

I would probably hug the manager that freed me, dance a little jig, maybe some soft-shoe, and I would run out of there like someone had stuffed jalapenos in my shorts.

It would be pure bliss, damn the consequences!

Of course, the fantasy doesn't last long. There are kids yelling and knocks on the door. Time becomes a factor.

I open my eyes and face reality. No, I don't have a handle on my fantasy, but if I did, it would be a two-hander.