<HONEA EXPRESS: We're Talkin' Baseball

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Saturday, April 07, 2007

We're Talkin' Baseball

I've heard people say that baseball is boring. The news is filled with steroids and gambling. The seats cost too much money and the beers cost even more. The list to knock the game is long.

Yet, it pulls at me. It works and appeals on a level different than any other sport. Granted, I get much more passionate about college basketball and the NFL, but that doesn't lessen the effects that baseball has upon me. Baseball lives in my sweet spot.

It comforts. It is nostalgia. A baseball game takes me to a better place. It makes me want to be a better person. It reminds me of how we are supposed to be.

Amazing really, that something so simple as a game can survive the tarnishes that it has, and still stir such a positive potion.

The game is boring like life is boring. It is poetry in motion. It reads in stanzas of a slow and steady pace, and then, when you least expect it, or hope for it the most, it strikes. It throws you curveballs. There are ups and downs. It is like life. Poetic.

I am happy for the return of baseball. I can't wait to share what it means with my boys. I can't wait to share how it feels.