<HONEA EXPRESS: I See Fat People
honeaexpress

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whithonea.com/
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Monday, May 14, 2007

I See Fat People

You may find this post offensive, but I've got to say, if you are offended by people with weight issues, than perhaps you aren't a very nice person. Also, people keep telling me my posts are sweet, I figured it was time for a little salt.

There are lots of variables in a trip to Disneyland. I addressed some of the negative here, and some of the positive here. I have another rambling rant for this post.

There are few things that can make one feel better about themselves than a good day of people watching. There is always someone in a worse way than ourselves. Nowhere is this more true than at Disneyland.

It is nice to spend a day somewhere that is not only full of fun and magic, but also reassuring. Whatever demon you face, there are others that face it too, and theirs is usually much worse.

Of course I'm talking about fat people. Seriously, unless you are some sort of local celebrity due to Oprah featuring you and your whale-like weight, you will find someone at Disneyland that makes you feel good about whatever poundage you've got in your pocket.

I don't mean to make light of the heavy. I know that many of you out there have had to address this issue at one point or another in your life. I'm no stranger to struggling with my own self-image. I don't claim to be better than any of the people I'm discussing here, just much, much smaller.

It's overwhelming really. I honestly don't believe that you could find a larger slice of American pie anywhere else. Most of it is a la mode.

You would think that walking around in a decent heat would be enough to sweat off a few pounds, but when the walking is from churro to churro it doesn't work so well. Of course, the real biggies don't even walk at all. They're big rascals on their lil' rascals. I kept expecting to see Caroline Rhea loading them into a trailer.

I'm not complaining. It was nice to have constant affirmations for my wife, who is trying (and succeeding) at knocking off some of her own demons, that she isn't nearly as large as she thinks she is. Nowhere near.

They say fat people are jolly. I don't know about that, but they made my wife happy.

If you are trying to lose weight then I suggest this, the Disney Diet. Go to the park. Do not eat churros. Watch people. You will find motivation, comfort and hope. FYI, none of it is served on a cone.

These guys, they're skinny (and in many cases too modestly covered):



Put them together in one of those snazzy suits, welcome to Disneyland! Have a churro!

Labels: , ,