<HONEA EXPRESS: Parting Shots for Friday

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Friday, July 13, 2007

Parting Shots for Friday

It's 4:00 on Friday, time for Happy Hour, the loosening of ties, the tying of one on. Me? I'm drinking an A&W Root Beer, and haven't worn a tie all day.

I have been doing stuff though. For instance, I found this cool toy over at Jason's Roller Coaster Galaxy.

Yep, that's my drink, although in the fall I am likely to go with a Pumpkin Spice latte, and from the day it arrives until the day it leaves I will drink a Gingerbread latte, of which I will sip slowly and whisper the words, "I love you," into it's frothy lip. I love it so much I would have sex with it if the cups weren't so narrow. Now, if I get it to drink there...

I still have a Jesus meme to attend to. I've been putting it off because, sit down, I don't know what to say. I know. I'm sure Island Girl is just on the edge of her seat waiting for me to do it.

I would also like to do some more lonely posts. Get them in! Dan and Minx, you two said you had something for me. You need to send it over unless you want to keep reading crappy posts like this one.

Something else I've been meaning to address is my Blogroll. You may recall, not that long ago, that I was a whiny little bitch when it came to enforcing the placing of each other on our respective Blogrolls. Then I discovered Google Reader and I haven't touched a Blogroll since. If you aren't on mine, and it really matters to you, please let me know. Otherwise, rest assured that if your site has a feed (some of you don't- again Minx, and Jeff also), that I'm probably stopping by. I'll bring cupcakes.

Finally, the moment you've all been waiting for. Darren, aka Clare's Dad, was the recent, and deservingly so, recipent of a very cool award, and as these things are meant to be passed along, he has passed it along to me. I think he must have hit that Happy Hour (he's on ET) or something, but hey, I'll take it!

Thank you, Darren. Your check is in the mail.

Of course, this means that I have to pass it along to another Awesome Dude Blogger, and that is the downside to being honored like this. It means that out of a number of worthy blogs I have to pick one.

Pretty much every guy blogger that I read qualifies for this, otherwise I wouldn't read them. However, since I can only pick one then I am going to award the Awesome Blogger Dude to Mr. YDS at Rattling the Kettle.

He is many things. An amateur gourmet chef and, newly, a barbecue enthusiast. A wine snob on a budget. A rabid Mets fan. An in-house lawyer for a small private company. A staunch Zionist. A second baseman in an old man’s baseball league. A reluctant environmentalist. A daydreamer. But most importantly, he is a husband to E and a father to Ronen.

That's what he says, and I couldn't say it any better, other than I'll add he's a funny guy and quick with the sarcasm, which I tend to traffic in.

There you go, take your damn award.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,