<HONEA EXPRESS: The Rain Doesn't Call, It Doesn't Write

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Rain Doesn't Call, It Doesn't Write

About three weeks ago I awoke from a light sleep to the gentle sound of memories against my windowpane. It was rain, a sprinkle really, but it may as well have been a ghost floating by in the night.

The ground was dry by morning.

Now, other than that briefest of wet dreams, I cannot for the life of me recall what a raindrop tastes like, or how the cold streams feel against the roof of my mouth as I stand beneath it and call its name.

I await the rain like a child prays for snow. I am hot and I am tired.

Labels: ,