<HONEA EXPRESS: Of Motherhood and Wedding Bells
honeaexpress

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whithonea.com/
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Monday, May 12, 2008

Of Motherhood and Wedding Bells

The boys woke Tricia up yesterday with gifts and cards and screaming. Mostly screaming.

It was Mother's Day. It was also our anniversary. That's a lot of pressure on a guy. I didn't plan anything.

"What do you want to do today?" asked Tricia as I stood peeing with the door open.

"Whatever you want, baby. It's your day." It was that romantic.

We discussed our options. Everything seemed like more money than we wanted to spend so we decided to go with the cheapest option: Disneyland.

I know, it doesn't sound cheap, but we have annual passes (that include parking) so we were able to hit Starbucks, go to both parks at Disneyland Resort, have lunch, a beer, ice cream for the boys, and buy a couple of things, all for under a hundred bucks. Total. Not bad for a family of four.

It was a banner day. It sure as hell beat our anniversary last year (see also 5 years and 4 years). Plus, they gave Tricia a flower at the gate, so there's that.

Normally this is the part where I'd wax all poetic and say sweet things, but I'm just not feeling it. It's not that I don't have those feelings, it's just that all I've had today is a pot of coffee and two Cliff bars and frankly, I can barely sit still, let alone enjoy a moment of tender reflection. Besides, she knows I love her. I said so in the card(s).

Labels: , , , , , , , ,