<HONEA EXPRESS: The Heart of a Man
honeaexpress

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.whithonea.com/
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Monday, June 02, 2008

The Heart of a Man

"I'm drawing a picture for you, Daddy."

"Great," I answered, occupied as I was with things far less important.

"I'm drawing you a heart. Do you know why?" he asked with an innocence only matched by the concentration with which he drew.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I love you," he said.

"That's a very good reason," I replied.

He continued drawing in silence, and then suddenly he was at my side with this finished piece:


"One heart is you and one is Mommy. It says Mommy and Daddy love Atticus."

"It's right. We love you very much. It's a lovely picture."

Yes, I really say things like 'lovely.'

We stood together appreciating his masterpiece, and then I flipped the paper over.

"What," I asked, "is this?"



"It was supposed to be a heart, but it looks like a hot dog piece of meat... with bunny ears. It was an accident."

I hung it on the refrigerator.

Labels: , , , ,