<HONEA EXPRESS: And Now a Word From Our Sponsor

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Thursday, September 18, 2008

And Now a Word From Our Sponsor

We interrupt scheduled programming for breaking news from the guy that used to write this blog:

My stepfather called me moments ago and said, "I think something is wrong with your father."

If it had been anyone else on the other end of the phone I may have been worried. My stepdad is a bit of a kidder so I played along.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"I woke up this morning and turned on the TV," he continued, "and I saw your dad wearing a suit, which made me suspicious."

In all fairness my dad wears suits pretty often, which is unfortunate since he lives in Arizona, home of the heat.

"Suspicious of what?" I asked. That's how I play along. My mom says I encourage him.

"He was in a commercial for..."

I knew what he was going to say. He was going to say McCain. I was sure of it.

My father is the mayor of a small American city. He is a member of the GOP. He knows John McCain and despite possessing an above average amount of common sense he still supports him. I braced myself.

My stepdad continued, "... a democrat for Congress."

I thought he was full of crap, but he was right. The ad is below, brace yourself:

Stuff like this gives me Hope. Well done, Dad!

Labels: , , ,