<HONEA EXPRESS: No Rhyme. No Reason.

It finally happened. Honea Express has moved to greener pastures, or possibly just out to pasture -- you make the call.

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
Please pardon the dust and update your feed readers accordingly. Thank you - Whit

Friday, May 01, 2009

No Rhyme. No Reason.

I turned my cell phone off for a matinee movie and turned it back on nearly 12 hours later. The world went on without me. There were unread text messages that implied debauchery and missed calls that promised salvation. I answered none.

I have missed some things and I've been gone too long to care. Everything will come around again, especially if we wish it wouldn't. And it's easy to get lost while standing still. Clich├ęs. Fortune cookies. The scripted wooing of reality TV. The view never changes and damn, your eyes are beautiful.

There are riddles beneath my fingertips and a warm, neglected beer on my bedside table. There are children sleeping sound and safe in the room across the hall and there are troubles wide awake in the fold and pinch where brow meets bridge. My face grows deeper beneath scars and memories. I am unshaven and I laugh too much. I spend the day in constant squint just trying to figure out what the fuck I'm looking at.

There is a soundtrack behind me and the words have been lost and forgotten. Tonight I decided to hum a few bars.

Perhaps tomorrow we'll dance.

Labels: ,